Transparency and disclosure rules
Please support efforts to create and pass legislation that will increase transparency and disclosure by financial firms regarding investments in companies that substantially contribute to genocide or crimes against humanity.
Congressional hearing on investments tied to genocide
- IAG testified at the hearing of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy and Trade on Investments Tied to Genocide: Sudan Divestment and Beyond, November 30, 2010.
- Read expert testimony from the hearing.
We support efforts to pass legislation that will increase transparency and disclosure by financial firms regarding investments in companies that substantially contribute to genocide or crimes against humanity. We hope legislation will empower the vast majority of Americans, who do not want their hard-earned savings connected to egregious human rights abuses, to make informed decisions and to avoid such connections should they choose to do so.
- See the list of supporters for legislation to increase transparency and disclosure rules for genocide-free investing.
- To sign-on, send an email to email@example.com with your group’s name, signer’s name and title, city and state.
- Sign the petition asking your Congressional representative to do what he/she can to support genocide-free investing. Signing is quick and easy and sends an important message of support.
- Contact Investors Against Genocide for the current status of the legislation and how to co-sponsor.